Happy first day of spring, hippie babes!
I am over the moon for spring, well, actually I’m just glad the sun has been shining, the birds chirping and I’ve been able to run on the trail near our house – it’s been truly glorious. I mean, when the sun beams through our patio window and brings a warm glow into our dining room I can’t help but crack the windows and blare The Beatles.
Aaaand, in less than four months we’ll be in Mexico for a wedding. I’m so excited! Not only do I LOVE weddings but the hubs and I have never been on a real vacation together.
No, we haven’t been on a honeymoon.
Asking this question is similar to the “when are you going to have a baby” question – not everyone goes on a honeymoon immediately following their nuptials and no it doesn’t make us less of a couple. I sound bitter, I know, but I’m not. I know we will go on one eventually but I’m so sick of the “you didn’t get to go on a honeymoon” head tilt. It’s very similar to the sympathy head tilt when someone breaks up, loses a job, etc. Watch yoself.
With our first official vacay I’m dreaming of what I’ll pack, what I’ll wear when and wondering how many all-inclusive margaritas I’ll be able to drink while remaining graceful.
Here’s five vacation essentials I hope to pack in my carry-on.
1. DVF ‘Celeste’ Romper Hello, gorgeous! This romper is perfect to wear on the plane, on the beach and to a nice dinner. A romper is versatile but often gets forgotten. Don’t go this spring OR summer without one in your closet.
2. Teva ‘Original Universal’ Sandal I already own one pair of Tevas and I’m obsessed. I know they aren’t the coolest sandal but I love them. In the summer I basically live in mine. I wear them to the river, camping and running around. I love this bright print!
3. Topshop Gingham Swimsuit Finding a one-piece, retro-inspired swimsuit hasn’t been as easy as I was expecting. I’ve found plenty but the fit hasn’t been quite right or the best quality. This Topshop gingham swimsuit is so precious with its sweetheart neckline and the black and white print is classic.
4. Tory Burch ‘Mosiac’ Tote Every girl deserves a fabulous beach tote and I think this one has my name all over it. I love the bright color but it’s also understated which I really like.
5. Brixton ‘Dixie’ Straw Hat I am a fan of the sun and I tan really easily but as I approach the last year in my 20’s the true importance of skin safety is all too apparent. This fedora is the perfect finishing touch to summer chic. I can wear this with the romper, shorts, tanks and dresses. Another summer necessity.
Have a fab weekend, hippies!