The winter in PA is unlike anything I’ve ever experienced.
A Texan is not meant to be in temperatures below 50* unless you want us saying, “It’s sooo cold,” much less temperatures with frigid snow showers that feel like -1*.
And it’s beyond cold. Beyond.
This winter already has me dreaming of spring. I’ve pulled together some of my favorite spring trends that I can’t wait to get my tiny, frozen hands on.
1. Round handbags: This Chloe’ bag is b-e-a-utiful. The color turns a very structured bag into a flirty one. It’s bright and the hardware is unusual which adds an interesting feature.
2. Culottes: The word culottes is very unappealing and makes my mind wander to one of my favorite movies – Drop Dead Gorgeous. If you haven’t watched it, you need to. You’re welcome. Culottes may sound gross but they are cute when they are done right. I love these AQUA culottes with ultra flattering pleats. The cut of these culottes is similar to a midi skirt with the high waist and flowing, yet structured silhouette.
3. Shirt dress: A t-shirt dress is my Summertime uniform. A shirt dress is very similar except it’s more structured and looks more grown-up. This River Island Utility Shirt Dress is a great spring staple. This dress can easily go from day-to-night, brunch with girlfriends or dressed up for date night. ASOS has a fantastic selection of shirt dresses. Great prints, different lengths and everything in between.
4. Gingham: When I think of gingham I usually think about summer picnic blankets and little girls with ribbons in their hair. This Michael Kors Macro Gingham Full Panel Skirt is sophisticated and playful while still embracing the joy that comes with Springtime. The retro vibes are killin’ it without looking costumey. #winning
5. Pointy toe flats: Are where it’s at. These 3.1 Phillip Lim ‘Martini’ Flats would look adorable with the culottes, shirt dress and gingham skirt mentioned above. There are so many fun prints and styles of pointy toe flats, loving the ones with a cutout, but these black ones are a great staple to have in your closet come spring.
May the weather be ever in your favor.
Happy weekend, hippie loves!