I use to shy away from black. It seemed drab, boring and uninspired. I quickly found I had a closet full of vibrant colors and patterns but not a scrap of black to be seen. As I’ve matured I’ve come to understand the elegance of black and how fun it can be to mix different textures. Below are some of my favorite finds in black that top my wish list.
1. Rachel Zoe Raven Cap Toe Oxfords: I find it so funny that I love oxfords. When I was little I had a pair of classic oxfords, or saddle shoes. My mama use to try and dress me in them but I hated them. Now, oxfords are my shoe. I love wearing them with everything from midi skirts to skinny jeans. I especially love these oxfords by the incredible Rachel Zoe because the pop of metallic on the toe is an inspired touch on a traditional shoe.
2. LuLu’s Total Control Vegan Leather Dress: This leather shift dress is the perfect LBD. Classic meets edgy in this simple but sexy dress. It’s a great dress for the office but can be great for a night out on the town. Add lots of jewels on your wrist or a great statement necklace and you will be one hot hippie.
3. Express High Waist Organza Inset Midi Skirt: When I saw this skirt it made me think of Audrey Hepburn with a twist. A great vintage silhouette with a contemporary detail is the perfect combination to turn an ordinary skirt into a timeless wardrobe staple.
4. Zara Sweater with Faux Leather Sleeves: I la-ha-ove this sweater. Mixing textures is an easy way to make an outfit look more luxurious and expensive. When one garment can mix two textures so effortlessly it’s just chic and cool. I want it on my body, like yesterday.
5. Via Spiga Coat – Asymmetric Wrap: Wrap or robe coats are on this season’s outwear must-have list. Some of the robe coats literally look like bathrobes and that’s not really the look I’m going for. I mean I don’t want to look like the crazy girl roaming around in the grocery store who forgot to get dress in the morning. This coat is great because its belt and wrap closure really resemble a robe but the leather on the tailored lapels give great structure.
What are you dreaming of?
Cheers, hippie dolls!